Rehearsals at Nightsound Studios
As a rehearsal facility, we provide spaces which are acoustically treated and equipped. Our hourly rates are comparable to climate controlled storage units, and more inexpensive than studio time. Unlike storage units and garages, we aim to provide an inspiring, comfy environment that makes it easy to come on in and get to the music without the hassle of setting up and hauling the larger pieces of necessary gear back and forth from home.
For information on availability and scheduling or to tour the rooms at our Carrboro or Durham rehearsal location at the Wall of Sound Music Facility, please contact us!
We book two types of rehearsals: non-regularly scheduled and regular (weekly) rehearsals.
Regular (weekly) rehearsals
Regular rehearsals occur at weekly available time slots and are covered by a monthly fee, which varies according to each room (rate details in rooms below). Each weekly rehearsal client is granted a key or key fob that allows them access to their rehearsal room at the agreed-upon time.
Regular rehearsal agreements vary by room selection.
A limited number of rehearsals scheduled for varying dates and times are handled a little differently than bookings made for the same time every week. For security reasons, a rehearsal attendant is provided to let you in, help set up, and lock up when you go.
Rates for non-regularly scheduled rehearsals are $30 per hour with a two hour minimum for all rooms and locations. A deposit must be paid in full for the time to be booked.
Rooms, Availability and Weekly Rates:
The Big Room
- Weekly time slots available Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays (Non regular rehearsal availability varies)
- Capacity: 1-10 people
- Rates: $180 per month due the month before.
The Rehearsal Barn
(picture soon, we promise!)
Weekly time slots available Monday-Friday and Sundays all day and night
(Non regular rehearsal availability varies)
- Capacity: 1-4 people
- $150 per month 7:30-9:30 weekdays and Sundays from 11am – 9:30pm
- $120 per month after 9:30-11:30 weekdays and Sundays
Wall of Sound
- Weekly time slots available Saturdays 2-6pm and Sundays 4-8pm (Non regular rehearsal availability varies)
- Capacity: 1-13 people (multiple rooms available)
- Rates: $200 per month with attendant provided
- Equipment (provided) (pic Nightsound 10)
- Each room is furnished with places to sit, a drum kit, a small PA and speaker, mics, cables, stands, a small guitar amp, and a small bass amp. Some rooms contain additional speaker cabinets and amps.
- Drummers are required to bring their own snares and cymbals.
Form for Wall of Sound forthcoming, sorry!